Mrs Joyce Gombe nee Chikudze holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Crop Science and a Master of Science degree in Tropical Forestry.
She has work experience spanning over a period of 28 years covering areas of forestry extension, forest resource management and senior executive management. Worked as an extension specialist working with communities at both operational and at management levels in the agricultural and forestry Sectors. Currently she is the Principal of the SADC Forest Industries Training Centre and Zimbabwe College of Forestry situated in Mutare. Previously lectured at diploma offering colleges in Agriculture and Forestry.
- Principal ( a senior management position in Forestry Commission), Forestry Commission Zimbabwe College of Forestry/Forest Industries Training Centre (ZCF/FITC) Diploma offering colleges, March 2004 to present
- Provincial Forestry Extension Manager, Forestry Commission (Forestry Extension Services), Manicaland, June 1997 to February 2004
- Head of Dept/Lecturer, Zimbabwe College of Forestry, February 1990 to May 1997 (1993 -95 sabbatical leave)
- Lecturer (Crop husbandry section), Gwebi College of Agriculture (Ministry of Agriculture), August 1987 – January 1990
- Provincial Extension Officer – Crops, Agricultural Technical and Extension Services (AGRITEX), January 1986 – August 1987
Membership to other Boards
- Member and Secretary of the Mutare Polytechnic College Advisory Council where we advise and recommend to the Principal on the administration of funds, curriculum issues, staff and student welfare issues, fund raising for College running, creation and administration of scholarships and to ensure sound management of the College.
- Coordinator for the Graduate Entrepreneurial and Employment Promotion Programme (GEEPP) for the forestry group
- Board Member for the Research Council of Zimbabwe