Mr Nyarota has more than 35 years experience in the Banking, Financial and Industrial Sectors and have acquired qualifications in Economics, Statistics and Actuarial Science. He has senior management experience of at least 16 years. He has extensive work experience in macroeconomic and financial research and analysis, having been working in the Banking, Insurance and Investment sectors of the Zimbabwe economy. He has ample experience working with Government departments, particularly economic ministries, regional and international financial institutions, including, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank and the African Development Bank. During the last 15 years, He has acquired significant knowledge of African economies, particularly those in eastern and southern Africa through numerous seminars, workshops and conferences and economic research.
Qualifications: M Math Actuarial Science, M Math Statistics, BA Economics & Statistics, Teacher’s Certificate
Current employment : Senior Division Chief (Director), Economic Research & Special projects (Governor’s Office), Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ): February 2004 – to date.
- Executive Director, Barbican Holdings (1999 – 2003)
- Investment Banking Executive, Trade & Investment Bank (Genesis Bank) ( 1996-1999)
- Chief Economist & Assistant General Manager , Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (1991- 1996)
- Actuarial Assistant (Manager, Actuarial Research Department) Southern Life Association/Southampton Assurance and Old Mutual (1983.1986 and 1990-1991, respectively).
- Assistant Manager, Industrial Engineering Department, Zimbabwe Iron & Steel Company (1986-1987)
- Branch Manager, Development Finance Company(now SEDCO)(1980-1981)
Membership of Boards and Association
- Chairperson of the SADC Committee of Central Bank Governors (CCBG) Macro Sub-Committee and the Research Review Panel
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Zimbabwe National Statistical Agency (ZIMSTAT), formerly the Central Statistics Office (CSO);
- Founder member of the Board of Trustees of the Zimbabwe Statistical Association (ZIMSA);
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Fintrust Pension Fund and chairperson of the Investment Committee;Chairperson of Goldpack Investments, a group of pension funds investing in real estate;
- An ex-officio member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe;
- Member of the Board of St Mary’s Mission (Primary and High School in Chitungwiza).